As a facility, we continue to educate and encourage residents and staff to be completely vaccinated against COVID19. We are following CMS and local health guidelines with testing unvaccinated staff.
- Staff who are unvaccinated will be tested at least weekly or more based on the county’s positivity rate and/or CMS guidance.
- In an outbreak, a single facility-onset COVID-19 infection in a resident, or a single new case of facility-associated COVID-19 infection in a staff member, testing will include all previously negative residents and staff regardless of vaccination status unless within 90 days of COVID-19 infection.
- Repeated retesting continues, generally every 3-to-7 days, until no new cases of COVID19 infection, are identified among residents or staff for a period of at least 14 days regardless of vaccination status.
- If the facility has had no new cases within the past 14 days, then serial testing of unvaccinated staff occurs, and the minimum testing frequency is based on county positivity rates and CMS requirements.
- Fully vaccinated staff do not have to be routinely tested.
Please check the facility’s website daily for updates.
As always, we will continue to work closely with our local health department to help stop the spread of COVID19.